Saturday, October 1, 2011

LaBare Home Tour // Living Room

It's been a long time coming, but here's the third installment of the LaBare Home Tour! This time, the best and most colorful room of the house is featured - the living room! Be prepared, there are a-l-o-t of photos!
The Room Le Resistance!
This room was the main selling point when we started looking a year ago for a home. From the bay windows in the front to the hardwood floors, we just couldn't get this room out of our heads as we weighed out our options. I remember the first night we had everything in this room and we were trying to figure out the layout. We had everything set up in one orientation, but something felt off. We moved a few pieces, namely the couch in front of the window, the book case in the corner, and the two orange chairs into the bay window nook and instantly - it was perfect. We haven't strayed at all from that original placement! 
Among other things, this is the first thing you see when you walk into the house. The "mint shake" walls, some suitcases, and photos from our amazing wedding.
I got these two suitcases a few years ago at a thrift store in Redlands. I've used them for traveling, but now they serve a higher purpose - holding a few pairs of boots. It's not cold enough yet, so why stare at them and get sad? Cold weather, please come soon!
Here's a close up view of the bay window with the chairs. These chairs were in my Grandma Brown's house since since before I was born. I was so happy to get these when I moved up to Bakersfield. She had great taste, but I don't think they looked better then they do now. The decoration above the windows is from my sister-in-law's baby shower, in April. I like them, ok?
To the left, in the doorway to my office, is our "F Street" sign. Yes, we do live on F street. That is why we bought it. I think it's a cool placement, one that isn't expected.
Venturing to the middle of the room is our GOLD coffee table. The story of this table is a good one - I found this table at an office furniture warehouse looking for - what else but - work furniture. My boss was able to swing a deal with the guy to throw this table in FOR FREE if we were to purchase a few hundred dollars worth of furniture for the office. The deal was that it was to be put into our new trailer's (yes, I work in a trailer) "idea room" (yes, I work in marketing) until a new one was to be purchased. Had everyone in the office LOVED the table, it would have to stay. If they didn't like it, I got to keep it. Not surprisingly, they wanted a new one. So I got a free coffee table. The end.  
The wall to the left features one of my favorite art piece/mirror i've found. I got it at Home Goods for just under $30. It's gold too! Below it is this red couch. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of it. I love the color, but it definitely needs new cushions, and it was only $15 on Craigslist. Before the couch, the TV was placed here. We ended up moving the TV to Scott's "golf room" (tour soon!) because I felt like this room should be for meeting and enjoying people, not the noise of a TV. So far, this has worked out so well. One day, I'd love to have a piano on this wall. Until then, the red couch stays!
Directly opposite of the red couch is the mustard yellow couch. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not afraid of color. Maybe it's from growing up in a house where every wall was a different color. Regardless, this couch is my favorite! I don't know what else to say. It's just that good. OH and it was only $150, another amazing Craigslist score.
The back wall has two frames, from Ikea, that were at our wedding. The one on the left is our guest "book" where all our guests signed their names. I love looking at it and how it's not a book tucked away to come out every blue moon. The frame on the right is a photo of Scott and I holding a sign that says "Thank You." It's a symbolic piece now that it has a place in a home. Thank you, Lord for blessing us with each other, a home, and a beautiful life through You!
 I love this crystal lamp. I have the companion piece in my office. It, too, was my Grandma Brown's. Vases are from Ikea, and that cute little owl is from Ross a few years ago. He's been everywhere with me, Seattle, Corona, two apartments, and now roosts over the LaBare domain.
As you head out of the house, you can check for mail or see who's coming to visit next through our art-deco style peep hole. 

Thanks for visiting this part of the home tour! What were your favorite parts?
Be sure to check out the two other rooms featured thus far, the office & the kitchen. 
Please, come visit us again! We love visitors. Augustus? Not so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with your living room. I pretty much just want to live in it. It's PERFECT!

jessica // union shore said...

your living room is so cute! love the minty green color and all the accessories! i want that typewriter! ;)

Candice B said...

I love your living room! So much light and color!

Post a Comment