Wednesday, August 3, 2011

LaBARE HOME TOUR // The Office

Finally! It's time to share photos of our new-to-us home! I'll be sharing bits and pieces of each room and let you know where I found some of my treasures. First up is the office!
I really love the way this room turned out. It was the last of the rooms to be decided on, as far as wall paint color goes. I wanted a fun color combination, but I just couldn't set my mind on something! Enter in my favorite home decor store - Homegoods. They had this LAMP. This ORANGE lamp. I immediately was sold on it and pairing it with lavender wall paint. I love contrasting colors, so this was so exciting to nail down.
Here's the view of the room and treasures to make this a functional workspace. I love how a majority of the items in here were either wedding gifts or second hand items. My friend Amanda found the desk on Craigslist down in LA. She was kind enough to drive out there, pick it up, and store it in her studio until I could make arrangements to have it brought up here. Moral of the story - if you find something on Craigslist, find a way to get it and MAKE IT WORK (like Tim Gunn, obviously).
We also were able to find this amazing chair on Craigslist for $10 that had the same orange tone. I think it really tied the whole room together and made the orange addition make sense.
Isn't this photo incredible? We were an awesome 1990's family.
And lastly, the window which faces out to the front door. I found these cute wire letters from Urban for super cheap. They had the letters for "LOVE" and I just couldn't pass it up. I might place them on the walls sooner or later.

As you can see, It's still a work in progress. I still need some shelves, some art to put on the walls, and renovate the closet (not shown) into a storage space. Overall, I really do love this room. The purple is calming and allows me to get my work done without being distracted, while the orange brings just enough energy and whimsy.

The perfect balance, I say! 

2 comments:

Emilee Sutherland said...

simply amazing. I'm in love with your house already

jessica // union shore said...

i love a great office space! cozy and functional!
when you have the art and shelves up, i'd love to feature it one my blog!! :)

Post a Comment