This week has been so incredibly busy, TGIF is an understatement! One of the things I was working on throughout the last two weeks and wrapping up the past few days is the NAKATE FALL 2011 website design.

I was so honored to be asked to come up with the design direction of the fall campaign. Shanley, owner/founder, wanted something that portrayed "simplicity, boldness, and strength" - the slogan for Nakate Fall 2011. To be honest, I really had no idea how to even begin this process as this was my first project of the sort. She was kind enough to send over some raw film shots from a recent fashion show where the models donned Nakate necklaces. I was instantly inspired. These photos, were so bold, so real, so everything that we were going for. I felt the need to leave them in their purest form - the black and white - and apply some transparent circles to bring the focal point into the jewelry.
The whole concept for the circles and lines really goes back to necklaces - strings of circles. The lines and circles mimic those shapes while keeping a modern tone and allowing for the beautiful black and white photography to shine through.
Over the past few days, Shanley, Gina, and myself have worked feverishly via email to get all the graphics done, applied to the website, and the store up. Needless to say - we are live. (Side note - I feel like I KNOW these ladies now. It's so odd. Never met, only emailed/social networked. Internet, you ware bizzare... but I love you.)
I've said it a few times before, but I'll say it again. Nakate is amazing. The beauty of these beads is nothing compared to the beauty it's creating in the lives of the women involved. I am honored to be a small part of this project along with those who want to make a difference. Even though my part may be aesthetic, I still feel that I helped out. You can help out too. Check out the store, tell a friend, support. Every piece helps.
Please, check out the site and let me know what you think! I would love to hear your thoughts!
xoxox



No comments:
Post a Comment