Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vintage Picnic - Bridal Shower Invitations

There's nothing I love more than being able to incorporate patterns and vintage artwork together. Jessie, a friend of the bride, wanted to create a invite for a bridal shower with a fancy picnic vibe with a vintage twist.  I seriously love how these turned out! With the help of Pugly Pixel, the crosshatch pattern and beautiful ephemera roses and birds were practically begging to be paired together.  
I paired the invitation with a soft blue envelope. On the front, I created address stamps with the same design as the invite. I always love to go the extra step with address labels. Even though labels get the cold shoulder with invitations and are viewed as "impersonal," I think that when done this way, it shoots that thought right out of the water. AND they're so easy to make. I just get full sheet adhesive paper, print, cut, and done! With the full sheet, I'm given such freedom to make whatever size label I so desire. 
Overall, I love everything that's going on with this invitation. From the mix of textures, beautiful graphics, and just the overall feel! Kudos to you, Jessie, for being such a fantastic friend to your bride-to-be! I want to be invited to a picnic now! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful! I love these!!!

jessica // union shore said...

gorgeous! you did a great job!

Post a Comment