Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sara Lucero Photography - Branding

Hi Friends! Sorry it's been such a long time. I know you missed me, all 2 of my readers :)

ANYWAY, I'm back with an amazing project I finished up this past week. Enjoy!


I've known Sara for a while now. We had mutual friends back when I was living in Corona. Since then, we've kept in touch via the mighty interwebz. She has always had great style, but when she started to do photography, I was so amped to see what she'd do! Serious talent, I tell ya. 

Anyway, she came to me a few months ago wanting to put her photography to the next level. She wanted a brand. Done! It took me a while to get her the first round, partly because of my busy schedule and multiple projects, partly because I wanted it to be right. Anyway, through round one being a little too conservative for her, we went all out on round two to make it super eclectic yet fancy - just like her. You can read more about the aesthetic she was wanting in her incredibly flattering post here. 

I am just THRILLED with the finished product. I think this may be my favorite logo to date. I'll tell you why. It's not corporate. It's not simple. It's SARA. Isn't that what branding should be? A direct reflection of who you are trying to promote. I also love that it is different than what I usually do. Most of the time, the logos I get to work on have a sense of corporate to them, but with an added flair. This one was flair first and corporate second. I am tired of seeing designers continually push out branding that look the same for different companies that have different points of views and markets. Same font treatments, same colors, same placements.... Shouldn't the branding be a reflection of them just as much as it is you?  If you're a good designer, your aesthetic will flow through even though the brand is different. Not by any means tooting my own horn (I have SO much to learn still!), it's just a trend I've seen far too much of lately. Ok, stepping down off my soap box. :)

 I just love that this screams SARA. My dream is that this branding brings her company to new heights and gets her the attention she deserves!

 Here's a great photo of the business cards she got the other day. We printed on thick matte recycled paper to give some texture but still keeping it profesh. I die over the stripes on the back. LOVE.

I also did a blog refresh for her, implementing the new design on every aspect of her site. Visit it here - www.saralucero.com.

Sara - Thank you for trusting me with making your photography business brand. I just love your ideas and i'm so excited to see where you'll go next! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment