
A few months ago I was asked to coordinate this year's Garden Pathways Garden Party. It's an annual fundraiser to benefit Garden Pathways, an amazing organization that helps families here in Bakersfield. While I couldn't go on to coordinate the whole event, I was able to coordinate the invitation and event design! It was a true honor to be asked to help Garden Pathways since they do so many great things for our community.


I took over the design of the tables, from picking the linens to the centerpieces to assembling the flowers. I wanted to refine the table, making it super clean and fresh, but adding a touch of vintage with the incredible goblets and vases that were so graciously donated by Casa de Perrin. Seriously, had we not had those vases, these tables wouldn't have looked half as amazing. Thank you SO much Diana & Josh!

Another HUGE part of the set up was the floral arrangements. I could not have done it with out Amanda Auer, my favorite wedding planner. She so kindly lent a helping hand with so much advice and an early morning trip to the LA flower market to scout out flowers. She is the best. Thank you SO much Amanda.

I mean, how beautiful is that? Those ranunculus were the piece de resistance.
Another HUGE thank you goes to my amazing mother and grandmother. They picked up the rentals from Casa de Perrin and then helped me assemble each of the 148 goblets with amazing flowers. 

The dinner and presentation part of the night took place in a large white tent. We chose to do uplighting in a purple shade to nod to the Garden Pathways logo, which is purple and green. The logo was also the main inspiration for the color palate chosen, obviously with a bit of oranges and corals added for some dimension. We also used vintage books donated by Tasteful Tatters to add some height and interest. It didn't hurt that GP promotes education :)

The tables were overall simple, elegant, and colorful. I just was so excited with how they turned out!

Once the evening began and the guests started to arrive, the lights in the gym turned off, and the purple shade up lights turned on. The reception before dinner was a fancy affair that was intimate and very cozy. We had a light on the gym wall with the GP logo reminding us what we were there for... to support this great cause!


Overall, I couldn't have been more pleased with the way everything turned out. More than that, I am so excited to see what this fundraiser will help Garden Pathways accomplish. All the speakers and performers of the night were so incredible, each of them with a different story to tell. Yet one thing remained the same - Garden Pathways changed their lives.
Thank you again to everyone who helped me out in accomplishing designing this event:
Amanda Auer, In The Now Weddings;
Diana & Josh Perrin, Casa de Perrin;
Emilee Hegg, Tasteful Tatters;
My fabulous mother, grandmother and husband.
4 comments:
Aww fun! Everything turned out beautifully!
Gorgeous!! I love the centerpieces. Babies breath (I think that's what it is, right?) always looks great..and ranaculous' are my favorite!
You did an amazing job Shannon, so proud of you girl.
Thank you so much! It was a lot of work but so worth it!
Post a Comment