Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Anchor Poetry, Volume 1 - It's Here!

A few weeks ago, Anchor Poetry, Volume 1 was released! Volume 1 is a compilation of poems collected at Anchor, graphically and typographically displayed in a unique book form. 

The idea was generated when myself and other leaders within Anchor came together to discuss making media out of the expressions of worship during our services. It's amazing what collaboration does, because without it, we would have something completely different and not as amazing as the final outcome! I LOVE that.

The book includes 19 poems on 10 square pages. Each poem is designed uniquely, inspired by the words. We thought that it would be a neat option for the reader to display a poem that spoke to them in a frame or other installation. OR you can display all of your favorites! The options are just endless.

They are all tied together in the envelope that is then sealed with a crown imprinted wax seal. 

Thanks to Meghan, Yuli, Jesse, and Scott for helping the assembly! I couldn't have done all that hard work without you!

My hope is that those of you in Anchor (and anyone reading this!) will be inspired by the meshing of words and design. So many of our hearts are intertwined within this book, it's hard not to be inspired just by reading one poem. All the proceeds for this go directly into making more projects to put artwork into action for the community. I ask you all to purchase one! They're really cool (I'm not bias or anything! ha!)

You can purchase these through me or online at Purveyor House's Etsy


I am SO thankful to be apart of this book, really. This was the first project I started working on under the name of Purveyor House - a new design direction I'm taking along with amazing Emilee. This is the epitome of what we're trying to accomplish - art for the community, by the community - (among other fun ideas we have too!). Eventually all the design that falls under this category will be under this name, on a different blog and a different site! There are SO many things happening, I can barely contain it! 

So there you go. Support us! You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment