Friday, June 22, 2012

Life Lately


Life lately has consisted of being busy, relaxing, working, and hanging out.
We're about to launch our HOUSE PARTIES next week and could not be more excited. We're hoping that people are excited and join! It's going to be a great time!

I've had a terrible time with allergies the past few weeks. I have never had allergies since I moved to Bakersfield 3 years ago. They really started this rearing their ugly heads this year, but I'm not sure what I'm exactly allergic to. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and got some prescriptions, but I'm just hoping to figure this whole thing out. The itchy arms and legs thing has GOT to go! 

Currently, I'm sipping a HALF CAF iced Americano. Half? Yes. About 3 months ago I had some really really bad chest pain. No clue what caused it, but the doctor attributed it to stress and lack of sleep (go figure). However, he wanted to get an ECHO done to really see what was going on with my heart and see if there was anything that could possibly be causing the pain. He didn't see anything that would atribute to the pain i was experiencing, but he did find that I have a congenital heart valve defect. Praise Jesus that it's not a big deal, but just something to get checked out every year. 
To be honest, when we found out, it was a surprise. It was scary.  My heart has something wrong with it. My heart? That night and the next night, I had so many people pray for me, soothe my [crazy] thoughts and it was a real test to just give that up to the Lord. I really think that it was a special time for him to show me I had something to watch. The pain had nothing to do with the valve, nothing. But I now know. Just crazy. He's got my back and I am so grateful.
All of that to say... I decided to not drink caffeine. Once I took the caffeine away (with NO side effects, really!) the pain went away. I now don't need the caffeine to wake up in the morning unlike before, where I was a complete zombie until 3 espresso shots in. I also sleep much better. Today I decided to get just one shot of decaf and one regular espresso in my Americano due to the fact that I have a late night ahead of me with our Leadership retreat. 

This time in my life is really interesting to me. I'm thinking through things alot deeper than I ever have. I really want to write more and document my thoughts. I'm just not sure how public I want that, but maybe I'll just spew a few. :) Hold me to this, internets. 

Have a fantastic weekend! xo.

1 comment:

Bakersfield Bandit said...

If its pollens or something in the air eat local honey, you can get some at a farmers market. Or maybe cones. When I do that I'm much happier. 1 T. a day.

Post a Comment