Ever since we got our home in January, I've been waiting for Christmas time. Our house is just made perfectly to fit a cute tree in our bay windows! Needless to say, I just love it.
One of Scott's coworkers runs a tree lot during the holidays. We went to a few places before visiting this one. I'm SO glad we went there. It was the perfect place and we got a KILLER deal on our tree!
We brought the tree home to a confused and curious kitty who had to stick his whole face in it before he allowed lights to be put on it.
I was so torn as to how to decorate it - one color? metallic?
traditional? I'm so happy I went away from that and just did my own
thing. My favorite ornaments are those pink flowers - balsa wood with
some sort of pink material glued on! So pretty. I could have a whole
tree of them.
Scott wasn't too into decorating the tree, which ended up being all sorts of colorful. I did let him put the final touch - the cute star on top.


Right when we were done decorating, we went outside to see what it looked like from the street. I got sentimental with seeing it. It was just special to look at our house that's now our home all decorated just like I dreamed it would be.

Back inside, Augustus was keeping watch over the tree, making sure that nobody stole any ornaments off. The next day we got a gift from our friends for Gus - a cute little bow tie with a bell. He looked SO handsome, but he hated it.
All in all... our house is decorated. We didn't do too much, but I'm so happy we did a little bit. It's just the way we wanted it and that's exactly how it should be.
I am proud to say that Augustus has not knocked the tree over and I have only found 2 ornaments under the couch. I'm so proud of him.


3 comments:
BEAUTIFUL TREE! And you're right- that's THE PERFECT spot for it!
Ahhh! I love your tree. So super cute! :)
Thanks ladies!
Post a Comment