This year's Christmas was really wonderful - relaxed, fun, and full of family.
Christmas Eve Eve we took Mr. Benmont to the vet for his first check up. All 5.5 lbs of cuteness are healthy! He's still too young to go traveling, but we were able to take him to Scott's parent's for breakfast on Christmas Eve where he played with their two dachshunds Kooper and Khloe. He played so well with them, I was such a proud puppy mom. Scott and I exchanged gifts that night, his being Mr. Benmont. I put a bow on the puppy and that was that! Scott got me some super awesome Hunter boots in green. I want to wear them everywhere!
Christmas Eve is traditionally spent with Scott's family and this year was no exception. We had a breakfast celebrating his grandmother's birthday that morning. Our nephews were there and it was just so fun to hang out with everyone. All of us had to get a chance with little Grady. (Side note - thanks Ashlee for some of the photos above! I need to take more photos! gees!)
Christmas day we roadtripped it down to my parent's house where we went to church and had lunch at the ranch. It was incredibly fun and my side hurt from laughing. That night we went and saw Hugo with the family - a super cute movie I'd recommend to anyone. I really loved it.
Of course we had to rush back on Monday to see the puppy who was hanging out with his cousins again. Him and the kitty are getting more familiar with eachother. This week will be a big one as we will just let them hash out their differences... we'll see how that goes.
This year I came away from Christmas with just so much thankfulness for our families. We truly are blessed with the most amazing people in our lives. Not to mention getting to spend the day with mine celebrating Jesus' birth and the immense beauty that is his Grace.
Monday morning we were awoken with news that my grandma was in the emergency room with some intense sciatic nerve pain. Thankfully she's home and is doing better now. I never want to take for granted the blessing of family - that little scare with my grandma made me think long and hard about family and being a blessing to them as they are to me.
Anyway... hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
Next up... New Year's Eve with the Heggs!

No comments:
Post a Comment