Saturday, June 25, 2011

Emilee's Bachelorette Weekend



Last weekend I was so wonderfully invited to spend a few days out in Palm Springs (well, Palm Desert...) to kick off Emilee's wedding week. 11 of us were given two rooms at the amazing Marriott Desert Springs Villas. 


Friday we just relaxed from the long drive, awaited each ladies' arrival, and had a blast getting to know eachother. 



Saturday morning, we awoke late, had mimosas and headed out to the pool. It was so crowded and hot, but I think we all got tan. Success!


After a mid day nap (which, by the way, I partook in. I am the WORST at napping. It was simply glorious.)




That night, we treated Emilee to one of the best Mexican food places out in the desert. So many funny things happened, from our French waiter to the dudes next to us who egged Em on with a special drink, to all the risque jokes. For the sake of all those involved, especially Emilee, we'll keep those censored.


The rest of the night was filled with making sure Em fulfilled the "dares" we came up for her. I think we came pretty close after her taking photos in front of a fire station, going to an apperently super popular and packed dance club in our hotel, having three guys pay for all of us to get in (that's a whole other story!), and dance at this club which must have been 110 degrees inside. 


The next day, I headed out early to make it back to Bakersfield, womp womp. It was such a fun weekend and I came away from it so excited about meeting Em's close friends and bridesmaids that I hadn't met before and overly excited for the wedding. 


I love all you girls. I love that we are friends now. 

1 comment:

Emilee Sutherland said...

I want to re-live this weekend over and over again =)

Post a Comment