Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Vacation - SCANDINAVIA!

 Scott and I finally decided on where we were going to take our first international trip - SCANDINAVIA. The Ikea motherland! I've always loved these countries and I'm so excited to learn more about them in preparation for our trip. We got our handy dandy Rick Steves' book coming soon, by recommendation from our friends. 
 
I'm sure that we will venture to Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Having never been, we're open for any suggestions!
What a dream it would be if the Northern Lights were happening? I mean, really.
Finland has some amazing hotels, including the one above, Hotel Kakslauttanen. Glass Igloo?
And because we're so close to England, we'll spend a few days in London, complete with seeing scott's favorite football team, Tottenham Hotspurs.

We are SO excited to begin the planning process for this trip. Tips? Advice? Places we have to check out? Please, email me or leave it in the comments. I'd love to hear anything you got for us!

Cheers to Scandinavia and traveling.

2 comments:

Duinsure.com.au said...

These pictures are amazing. They are great inspirations for all intrepid travellers out there!

Unknown said...

This is so exciting! I have family in Sweden-I've always wanted to go there! I've only traveled to France and Belgium in Europe so I can't give any tips for your desalination-but one thing I can suggest is wonder off from tourist traps here and there. Some of the greatest memories from my trips are the small local hangouts!

Post a Comment