I don't like playing favorites, but these are my favorite invites to date. Not only did they turn out awesome, but they are for one of my favorite couples ever.
I've known Emilee since the 4th grade. Andy has been my brother's friend (and mine) since gosh, I don't even know! Not only are they close friends of mine, and a great couple, but they introduced me to Scott. They were there every step of the way and continue to be such a great couple to hang out with, even though that rarely happens.
Their message to us at our wedding.
So, to say that these invites were a important to me would be an understatement. They're just special and an honor to have made. And like I said earlier, my favorite! All of these photos were taken by the fabulous Becca Rillo. Thanks Becca!
Upon opening the baby blue envelope, we wrapped all of the contents together with some bakers twine. The invite then unfolded into layers of pieces, special and super fun all in their own way.
One of the first things to notice were the monogram stamps we made for her invites. Not only are they a super cute touch to the invite, but they can use them in the wedding, and for years to come!
Along with the RSVP card and envelope was a tag that stated "A fireman needs to eat... help Emilee learn to cook!" Needless to say, Emilee isn't the savant in the kitchen you'd expect from someone who has 5 younger brothers and sisters. To help her with this incredible task of cooking for a hungry fireman, we enlisted her guests to send along a recipe on the card provided along with their RSVP.
Unraveling further, we come to the showpiece. Emilee's vision for her wedding was to infuse her love of literature and feminine things. I wanted to go along the route of the library theme, but not make it super literal, so we chose to call the style of the wedding "A Garden Library." The book theme also traces back to how Andy proposed [story here].
Anyways, we purchased some actual library book sleeves, custom designed library check out cards to match with the color palate, and placed it all on top of a thin wood veneer paper. To take the library theme one more step, I was able to convince Em to have the invite lettering as a stamp. I LOVE how this turned out.
It turned out PERFECTLY. I love how we were able to infuse the garden aspect with the colors, as well as the paper, along with the hint of rustic wood as the backing.
Em + Andy, I love you both so much. Thanks for letting me be a part of your wedding. Em, thanks for being so awesome, such a good friend, and allowing me to be a part of your special day like you were for me. I can't wait for the wedding- to stand up there with you two and CELEBRATE a beautiful Christ-centered relationship. xoxo!









3 comments:
Being the teacher of those 4th graders was one of my top 3 things in life (CHrist, Kyah and that very special 4th grade class!)... lOVE that you girls are Christ-followers... and so dang creative!!! <3 <3 Can't wait to celebrate with you .... :D
They turned out so great- all that hard work paid off. And they ARE a great couple. (Ok, so maybe I'm a little biased too)
Good work!
Loving this to bits; adorable color scheme, lovely cards, simple design.
Post a Comment